The central focus of the framework is mathematical problem solving, that is, using mathematics to solve problems. This framework hence sets the direction for and provides guidance in the teaching, learning and assessment of mathematics in Palm View as well.
1. Mathematics Curriculum
- Invoke creative and critical problem solving skills for mathematics in students.
- Develop and inculcate interest and passion for mathematics in students.
- Promote inquisitiveness and continuous learning for mathematics in students.
|Term 1||Whole Numbers within 10|
|Addition and Subtraction within 10|
|Term 2||Shapes (2D)|
|Whole Numbers within 20|
|Addition and Subtraction within 20|
|Term 3||Whole Numbers within 40|
|Addition and Subtraction within 40|
|Multiplication within 40|
|Division within 20|
|Whole Numbers within 100|
|Addition and Subtraction within 100|
2. Mathematics Pedagogy
- Activity-based learning (Using Manipulative and real-life scenarios)
- Mental Sums
- Math Journals
- Outdoor Experiential Learning
3. In driving Mathematics literacies, the Maths Department spearheaded a Young Mathematicians Programme to better customise the syllabus to the students with diverse needs. This programme looks at the learning gaps in our P2 children and customises resources and pedagogical approaches to better build capacity in Maths. In a bid to enthuse children in Maths, the department also initiated the Maths Carnival and set up various booths with Math games for children to compete in solving math problems/ puzzles in a fun and engaging way.
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|