School Rules and Regulations
1. Exhibit good values.
2. Be courteous and well-mannered at all times.
3. Observe orderliness and self-discipline at all times.
4. Move in orderly and safe manner along corridors and staircases.
Attendance and Punctuality
- In line with our school’s R3ICH values of responsibility and respect, all students are expected to be punctual for school. Students who are not present during attendance taking at 7.40 a.m. will be considered late for school
- Students arriving at 7.40 a.m. will have their names and classes recorded down. Students who are late 3 times or more warrant an advisory letter. Student’s conduct grade may be affected if he/she receives more than 3 advisory letters from the school.
- A student who is absent from school will need to produce a medical certificate to certify that he/she is unfit for school, or a letter of explanation to state the reason for his/her absence.
- The school is responsible for the students’ well-being and ensures that the students’ safety is not compromised. Students are not allowed to leave the school during school hours unless there is a valid reason such as illness.
- To ensure the safety of your child/ward, a student who needs to leave school early during school hours must seek permission from his/her Form Teacher/Principal/ Vice-Principal and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. The parent/guardian accompanying the student must sign off at the General Office.
National Anthem and Pledge
- Love for our home country is an important outcome of National Education. The daily flag-raising/lowering ceremony is an opportunity for children to foster a sense of national identity, pride and self-respect. All students are to attend the flag-raising/lowering ceremony.
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist over their heart. Latecomers, as well as parents/visitors who are in the school premises, should stand at attention during the singing of the National Anthem.
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is strictly not allowed. They are to wear the school uniform with plain white shoes and socks.
- The school has introduced coloured name tags for each incoming cohort since 2018. This provides a unique identity for each level and build a sense of belonging to for our students. The coloured name tags for the 2019 Primary 1 students will be green.
• Hair at shoulder-length should not touch the blouse collar.
• Long hair should be neatly plaited/ tied.
• Fringe must be short and above the eyebrows.
• Only black hair band/ribbon/rubber band/hair clip is allowed.
• Hair should be neatly cropped and not touch the eyes, shirt collar or ears.
• Unkempt and messy, as well as thickly-gelled hairstyles are not allowed.
• Face should be clean-shaven and not to spot beard or moustache.
• No facial hair is allowed.
No colouring of hair is allowed.
Nails must be kept short and clean and no nail polish is allowed.
No decorative body art is allowed on any part of the body.
Valuable jewellery (gold chains, rings and bangles) and/or costume jewellery are not to be worn to school. Earring studs, if any, are only to be worn by girls and should be plain and non-fanciful. The size of the studs should be small, covering only the pierced hole. Not more than one pair of earring studs should be worn at any one time. Religious articles such as talisman, medallions, and/or prayer beads which are not part of the school uniform should not be worn to school.
Students are to observe the following rules at all times in the canteen.
1. Students are to queue according to the demarcations indicated in an orderly manner when purchasing their food or drinks.
2. Students are to return all plates and utensils to the designated returning points.
3. Students are to keep the tables and benches clean at all times.
4. All food and drinks are to be consumed within the canteen only.
5. No running and playing is allowed at the canteen.
1. Students are not allowed to deface or vandalise any school property.
2. Students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
3. Students must not play truant.
4. Students must not use abusive/vulgar language.
5. Students must not be involved in fighting, stealing, extortion or smoking.
6. Students must not be defiant/rude to peers and staff of the school.
1. Students are not allowed to bring mobile/smart phones or other smart devices to school unless under special circumstances.
2. Students with approval must switch off their mobile devices during curriculum time. The mobile devices can only be used for communication before and after school hours.
3. Students who bring any mobile phones or such devices to school shall be responsible for their safekeeping. The school shall not be held liable for any damage/loss.
4. The school reserves the right to confiscate the mobile device for the purpose of investigation should the child be found misusing the device in school.
1. Technological gadgets such as portable music devices, computer games and/or any objects which are not necessary requirements of the school lessons and Co- curricular Activities (CCA) should not be brought to school.
2. In an event of need, a student should seek consent from his/her teacher(s) before bringing these gadgets to school. The student will take full responsibility for all his/her belongings and ensure that they do not cause disruption during class lessons. Failing to do so will subject the student to disciplinary action.